FAIRFIELD COUNTY FISH and GAME PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION
RULES and REGULATIONS for the 2006-2007 FISHING SEASON
1. 2006-2007 Fishing Season is from February 1, 2006 to January 31, 2007.
2. Members must sign-in before fishing and sign-out after fishing.
Members that do not sign-out "Total Trout Killed", will be charged 3 fish.
3. During hunting season, fishing will not be allowed on “stocking” Saturdays & Wednesdays. Please wear fluorescent orange for your safety while hunting season is open.
4. The stream will be closed during fish stockings. The Fish Committee will start the fishing after the stocking, once they are ready.
5. Each angler may only fish with one rod at a time.
6. All members must wear membership badges and back patches while fishing. Members not wearing back patches will be asked to leave the club grounds.
7. Guests are not allowed on Stocking Dates(see below). There is a fee for people 21 and older. Guests under 21 are free. A fee of $10 must be mailed to the club, If the fee is not received by 12/1 a $15 fee will be assessed to your yearly dues. The combined total for a member and guests is six trout killed, no more than three per person and all fish come off member's season total. Jr. Members can not bring a guest. No more than three guests per day. Not signing in a guest will cost you your fishing privilege. When signing in a guest, put the person’s name and guest in parenthesis and your badge # in the badge # location. For no charge guests write guest NC. People on inter-committee shooting list are exempt from guest fees. Write checks to F.C.F.&G.P.A.. Mail to Bob Sutay.
Example: John Doe (guest) 999 or John Doe Jr. (Guest NC) 999.
8. Once you kill three fish, you can only fish with a single barbless hook and no bait fishing. All remaining fish must be released unharmed.
9. Junior members without a Connecticut fishing license must be accompanied by an adult member 16 years of age or older while fishing.
10. Junior members with a Conn. fishing license may fish without an adult.
11. The use of corn for chumming is prohibited.
12. No cleaning of fish in the stream or along the banks.
13. No wading in the stream, except below the bend.
14. No changing of fish once they are on a stringer or other means of keeping.
15. No lifting or snagging of fish. All foul hooked fish must be released.
16. The State of Connecticut requires a CT fishing license for anyone 16 years and older.
FISH KILLED LIMIT: ALL MEMBERS 3 per day with a maximum family take of 10.
SINGLE SENIOR MEMBERS - 25 Per Season
FAMILY (SENIOR plus JUNIOR, SUB-SENIOR and AUXILIARY MEMBERS) - 50 Per Season
- The maximum for any individual family member is 25
Exceeding the season limit will cost $8 per fish
ONLY 1 FISH 16" or greater can be killed per angler per day
NO KILL AREA / TROUT MANAGEMENT AREA RULES
1. No Kill Area will start from the pool below the junction pool to the bend, marked by two signs.
2. Fly or Spin fishing in this area with a single barbless hook only.
3. No bait fishing in this area.
4. Fish caught in the No Kill Area must be returned to the No Kill Area, unless authorized by the Fish Committee to be placed in another area.
5. The opening and closing of No Kill Area will follow the general rules.
6. The purpose of the No Kill Area is to provide good sport fishing for everyone year round. Fish caught in this area and returned to the stream do not count toward your fishing record.
7. From November 1 to February 28 bait maybe used, but only one trout can be killed per day, from the Trout Management Area.
PERSONS FAILING TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WILL BE BROUGHT UP BEFORE THE GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE.
One-half hour will be credited for helping stock.
Stream Improvement independent projects approved by fish chairman
Stream Improvement group projects
Please note in the fishing sign-in sheets time worked.
Committee Chairman: Robert Sutay, 888-1800, email email@example.com
February 6, 2006