FAIRFIELD COUNTY FISH and GAME PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION
RULES and REGULATIONS for the 2015-2016 FISHING SEASON
1. 2015-2016 Fishing Season is from February 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016.
2. All members must wear membership back patches while fishing. Members not wearing back patches will NOT be able to fish.
3. Members must sign-in before fishing and sign-out after fishing.
Members that do not sign-out "Total Trout Killed", will be charged 3 fish.
4. During hunting season, fishing will not be allowed on “stocking” Saturdays & Wednesdays. Please wear fluorescent orange for your safety while hunting season is open.
5. The stream will be closed during fish stockings. The Fish Committee will announce start.
6. Each angler may only fish with one rod at a time.
7. Guests are not allowed on Stocking Days. There is a $10 fee for people 21 and older. Guests under 21 are free. The combined total for a member and guests is six trout killed, no more than three per person and all fish come off member's season total. Jr. Members cannot bring a guest. No more than three guests per day. Not signing in a guest will cost you your fishing privilege. When signing in a guest, put the person’s name and guest in parenthesis and your badge # in the badge # location. For no charge guests write guest NC. People on inter-committee shooting list are exempt from guest fees. Mail Fees: Write checks to F.C.F.&G.P.A.. Mail to Bob Sutay 24 Condon Road Oxford,CT 06478. Or give them to Pat LaMarco
Sign in Example: John Doe (guest) 999 or John Doe Jr. (Guest NC) 999.
8. Once you kill three fish you can no longer fish for the rest of the day.
9. Junior members without a Connecticut fishing license must be accompanied by a licensed member.
10. Junior members with a Conn. fishing license may fish without an adult.
11. The use of corn for chumming is prohibited.
12. No cleaning of fish in the stream or along the banks.
13. No wading in the stream, except below the bend.
14. No changing of fish once they are on a stringer or other means of keeping.
15. No lifting or snagging of fish. All foul hooked fish must be released.
16. The State of Connecticut requires a CT fishing license for anyone 16 years and older.
FISH KILLED LIMIT: ALL MEMBERS 3 per day with a maximum family take of 10.
SINGLE SENIOR MEMBERS - 25 per Season
FAMILY (SENIOR plus JUNIOR, SUB-SENIOR and AUXILIARY MEMBERS) - 50 Per Season
- The maximum for any individual family member is 25
Exceeding the season limit will cost $9 per fish
ONLY 1 FISH 16" or greater can be killed per angler per day
NO KILL AREA / TROUT MANAGEMENT AREA RULES
1. No Kill Area will start from the pool below the junction pool to the bend, marked by two signs.
2. Fly or Spin fishing in this area with a single barbless hook only.
3. No bait fishing in this area.
4. Fish caught in the No Kill Area must be returned to the No Kill Area, unless authorized by the Fish Committee to be placed in another area.
5. The opening and closing of No Kill Area will follow the general rules.
6. The purpose of the No Kill Area is to provide good sport fishing for everyone year round. Fish caught in this area and returned to the stream do not count toward your fishing record.
7. From November 1 to February 28 bait maybe used, but only one trout can be killed per day, from the Trout Management Area.
One-half hour will be credited for helping stock.
Stream Improvement independent projects must be approved by fish chairman
Stream Improvement group projects will be posted in newsletter and emailed
Please note in the fishing sign-in sheets time worked.
STOCKING DATES (No Guests)
Committee Chairman: Robert Sutay, (203)217-1014, email firstname.lastname@example.org February 20, 2015